Thursday 16 May 2013

Benefit - Fine One One



Hello Ladies,

I have to say I'm very excited today. My local Benefit stand is celebrating it's 2nd Birthday today. They're throwing a party to celebrate and they're treating their customers to mini facials, make up demos, discounts, goodie bags, prizes and bubbly and nibbles!! :) I'm going along to that tonight with the lovely Danielle from The Imperfect Beauty Queen. So you can expect a post on how that went in the next few days! So in keeping with that I thought why not review Fine One One!

Fine One One is a relatively new product from Benefit, It's a cream based blusher, highlighter and lip colour in one. It combines 3 shades, pink champagne, sheer watermelon and soft coral to give a beautifully sheer, glowy pop of colour. It's so easy to apply, you just swipe it from the apple of your cheek up towards your temple and blend. It gives a lovely dewy natural finish and can be layered up for a brighter look. I think its the perfect summer blush, it looks so pretty when the sun catches it and you can see the subtle shimmer. I'm a lover of a nice coral blush and this definitely serves to impress!  

It's applied on a bare face or over foundation (before powder). I always use powder to set my makeup and I was a bit apprehensive when applying powder over this as I thought it might take away from the lovely sheen but it didn't at all. I've been using the highlighter on my brow bones as well and it does a wonderful job of enhancing them. When used as a lip colour it gives a gorgeous rosy tint that lasts for hours and I was surprised by how moisturising it felt on my lips. It has such a lovely creamy formula, it just glides onto the skin and blends effortlessly.

One swipe.
Blended.

I initially considered Fine One One quite pricey at €34 for 0.28oz's but a little really goes a long way and and with the twist-up applicator you only really use what you need to so overall I think it's a good value product and it will last me a long time. 

I couldn't possibly review this product without mentioning the insanely fabulous packaging!  Even the box it came in was so pretty that it nearly killed me to open it! The rose gold packaging alone had me sold before I'd even tried the product! I don't think I'll be able to throw this out even after I finish the product! I think I may have problems! 

Have you tried this yet? What did you think? 

Zara
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment