Thanks to the fab Roxanne from LollyLou for nominating me for the Liebster Award! After a bit of research I figured out what it's all about, It's an award for new bloggers with under 200 followers, once you receive a nomination you can then go on to nominate 11 other new bloggers. It's a great way for new blogs to get discovered and I really enjoyed doing it and reading other peoples, I think it lets you see the blogger a bit more personally. There are a few little rules that need to be followed.
1. Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
2. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award onto and link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. Each blogger should post 11 Random facts about themselves.
6. No tag-backs!
What is your best memory?
Without a shadow of a doubt my best memory is meeting my little girl for the very first time. I’ll never forget how I felt the moment I first laid eyes on her, it was unconditional love at first sight. I was so proud of her and so proud of myself.
What is your favourite makeup brand?
This is a tough one! I love Benefit, the makeup is amazing quality and the packaging is gorgeous too, however saying that, I've been really impressed by Urban Decay lately too! I’d probably have to pick Benefit for foundations, concealers and mascaras but Urban Decay eyeshadow is hard beat and I’m absolutely head over heels in love with Naked Flushed… And for a budget brand Rimmel have been quite impressive lately, one word- Apocolips- nuff said!!
Did someone inspire you to write a blog? If so who?
Yes! My best friend Danielle, she has the loveliest blog ever, The Imperfect Beauty Queen. She eventually talked me into it and being the gem that she is even helped me set it up! Love this girl so much!
What is your favourite film?
It really depends on my mood...’ P.S I love you’ for a good cry and an ogle at Gerard Butler, ‘Pineapple Express’ or ‘Ted’ for a good laugh or ‘Cruel Intentions 1’ for a bit of drama, I don’t do scary! Haha!
Where is your favourite place to shop?
As I live in the middle of nowhere I do most of my shopping online, I love boohoo.com and asos.com. If I do get the chance to do some ‘real life’ shopping though I’ll definitely hit Penny’s (Primark) and if I want something really nice I’ll usually go to River Island.
Do you prefer pastel or neon? Why?
I’m definitely more into pastels, I think they’re girlier and more feminine. That’s not to say that I never wear neon though!
Stripes or spots? Why?
I like both but I’d probably have to choose spots.
Do you have one true wish? What is it?
Yeah, that my daughter will live a long, happy, healthy and prosperous life, what more could I ask for?!
What is your biggest fear?
Loosing people that are close to me.
Do you prefer beauty or fashion?
Definitely beauty! Although they do sort of go hand in hand!
Who is your biggest idol/Role model? Why?
My mum. She was always so strong and determined and always done things her own way despite what other people might have thought. She was true to herself and stood up for what she believed in. If I can be half the woman and half the mother she was I’ll be proud of myself!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I’m extremely ditzy, I forget to do things the whole time, I’m constantly walking up the stairs to get things and by the time I get to the top I forget what I was going up for.
2. I’ve recently become obsessed with baking cupcakes! Like baking them up to 3 times a week, my tummy loves me, the rest of my body not so much…
3. I steal my daughters stuff, cute hair bobbins, nice baby products, even her food sometimes when she’s not looking! Shameful I know, but she’ll be doing it to me in no time!
4. I’m a cheeseaholic! I’m yet to discover a cheese I don’t like! The smellier the better! I have a whole shelf in my fridge dedicated to cheese.
5. If my battery dies on my phone I freak out a little, I’ve become so reliant on it!
6. I’m allergic to red currants, no assassination attempts please!!!
7. I have a thing for cushions, I have loads of them in every room in my house.
8. I love the song ‘Tiny Dancer’ by Elton John, never fails to put me in a good mood!
9. I’m much more of a staying in then a going out gal, a bottle of vino, a roaring fire and some good company wins everytime!
10. I have the radio or tv on in my house 24/7, I hate silence.
11. When I was pregnant I was obsessed with Lemon Cheesecake, I easily ate a whole one every day, can’t even look at one now!
1. What is your all-time favourite beauty product?
2. If you were stranded on a desert island and could have 3 things with you what would you take and why?
3. Handbags or shoes? Why?
4. Why did you decide to start blogging?
5. If you could go on a date with any celebrity who would it be and why?
6. What do you like to do to relax?
7. Fake tan, sunbeds or au naturel? What do you prefer/use?
8. What 3 products are currently top of your beauty wish list?
9. If you had to leave the house with only one makeup product on your face what would you chose?
10. If you could go on an all-expenses paid holiday anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
11. What is your dream job?
Becky from Lipgloss and Lashes.
Megan from Escape Through My Eyes
Verity from A Little Personal Shopper
Francesca from The Francesca Diaries
Dellilah from Dellilahs Notebook
Tolmeia from Tolly Dolly Posh
Mez from Mez Made Up
Vanessa from Vanessa Chloe's World
Zahra from In a Makeup Minute
Fiona from The Pretty Beautiful
Kerrie from Odd Looks Makeup
Well that's me done! Hope you enjoyed the read and you a little more insight into me!
Really looking forward to reading more of these!